Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DIY: embroidery portrait keychain

 Hi y'all. 

I had such a weird dream yesterday. I was in a witch school and somehow I was very very very mean, I kicked another mean witch down the stairs and as  she was falling, I grabbed her hand and said "help me, I do not know why I'm like that" and then I let go and she fell. She got up to fight with me so I broke her cello bow and stabbed her with it. She didn't die!! So I locked her up in her cello case and she died. I woke up and I was like...0.0 What was that all about!?!

And then I went back to sleep and I had another dream. 

I kidnapped a man and he kept shouting "WHERES MY WIFEY? WHERES MY WIFEY?"
and I said "I don't know where your wifey is, but I have wifi here...the signal is quite strong" and I woke up thinking....damn son....thats actually quite funny. 

but anyway!! 

Earlier this week, I received a lovely gift from a Ewoodstory (instagram: ewoodstory), a creative craft store in Oregon that is a collaboration between a woodworker and a designer. Thank you Shelby~ So heres what I did with this Mini Masterpiece Pendant frame! 

LETS DIY!! 

What you'll need:
  1. ewoodstory frame. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/ewoodstory
  2. embroidery hoop (4" diameter)
  3. cotton canvas
  4. uhu glue
  5. acrylic paint
  6. soft felt
  7. jump rings + large claw clasp
  8. fur ball

LETS GO~~~


1) I marked out the surface area from the frame and then worked my design inside. 
2) To match the colours of my threads, I painted the wood surface light pink. While waiting for this to dry, cut out your embroidery piece leaving about 0.5 cm border around your work. This is so that we have space to sew it onto the frame. 
3) Use back stitch to attach your embroidery piece onto the wooden frame. Make sure its tight, so sew closely to the edges so that it "stretches" your piece on the frame. 
4) To hide the threads, cut a small piece of felt and glue it in place at the back of the piece. 
5) attach jump rings to giant claw clasp to large fur ball and attach mini embroidered portrait onto jump ring. 
6) add fuchsia ribbon for heightened kawaii effect.

AND WE'RE DONE! Happy crafting!! :)

Please leave a comment if you have any questions at all.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! ��
    This inspires me to get cracking and do my craft :3 thank you for sharing teresa!

    ReplyDelete